Fields of gold


Inspired by a road trip to the Rocky mountains. One of the many scenes of an exciting road trip. 

Fields of gold 
Fly past my Windows. 
Fence posts of the thousands,
Line the sides of the roads. 
Farm house scattered
Throughout the fields of gold.
No sight of a town 
For hundreds of miles. 
Trees a rare thing to see 
In the sea of gold. 
Tumbleweeds, flying through the air 
landing here and there. 
Fields of gold meet the sky 
As far as one can see. 
Bright blue and fluffy white 
Colors the sky.
Over head the sun beats down
Upon the earth with waves of heat. 
By Evelyn Creon

Comments

Bella Putt said…
I love how descriptive this poem is! I could easily imagine it!
Idazle said…
I had a lot of fun writing it.

Popular posts from this blog

Allergies

Sunshine Blogger Award!!!!

12 Days of Christmas Tag