Black Lake of Death


The head of a child
Sunk beneath the waters, 
Of Black Death lake.
Its hollow eyes 
Had stared me in the face.
Its pale skin terrified me. 
The ghost child disappeared
As quietly as it came. 
Leaving me with  a sinking feeling 
Like a draining drain. 
I began to row ashore 
When it appeared again 
This time with some friends. 
They all wore a grin 
That was full of devilry. 
My throat went dry 
When I saw them. 
I feared for what they planned.
The children came up close
As if to say hello, 
But rather they took the boat 
And flipped upside down. 
All I remember while I sunk, 
In the dark water
Was the warning I'd been given 
At twelve O'clock, 
"Don't go out today 
You will get a fright."   
I heeded not the warning, 
Now it serves me right.
By Evelyn Creon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allergies

Sunshine Blogger Award!!!!

12 Days of Christmas Tag